Our dear colleagues interested in implementing Blue Economy principles in mushroom cultivation have spent an intensive and productive weekend learning about waste to taste, particularly, due to expressed interest, from coffee dreads. We held seminars regarding several topic needed for a successful sustainable & equitable mushroom producing business:
- substrate preparation from waste materials and byproducts
- fungal biology and industrial cultivation by Dr. Miomir Niksic from the Laboratory for Applied Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade
- use of spent mushroom substrate by Dr. Milan Adamovic, former head of the livestock research group at the socialist era cooperative which fed Belgrade, PKB
- technology of production, technical details about fostering a proper growing environment
- business planning workshop
We also toured our guests around Ekofungi’s champignon and osyter mushroom growing tunnels, packing facilities, and turned on our innovative ecofriendly substrate preparation reactor for our guests to see.
We hope you feel inspired and that you had as much fun as we did. Visit our Photo Gallery page to view the event album.